COSCUP 2023 Early Bird Call for Proposals
Welcome to the Early Bird Call for Proposals of COSCUP 2023!
New this year, for the first time in COSCUP’s history, we are doing Early Bird Call for Proposals . By recognizing the international air travel is resumed, now have access to earlier submission to better prepare our potential speakers to attend the 2023 COSCUP.
COSCUP is an annual conference organized by the Taiwanese Open source community since 2006. COSCUP aims to provide a platform to connect Open Source coders, users and promoters, while promoting FLOSS within the annual conference. The conference is free to attend and all the staff are volunteers.
We had more than 2800 attendees last year, and we believe this year there will be more. It is the biggest open source gathering in Taiwan, and the attendees are mostly developers, along with some power users and FLOSS promoters and lovers. Here is an album of our previous events:
Where is Taiwan? Find it on Google maps
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
If you implemented an open source solution or product, or participated in a project that uses FOSS. Serving as a sole or co-core maintainer in open source projects. Open sourcing internal tools and platforms. Using GitHub as a platform from which to host/maintain/maintain projects. Using /integrating external open source code into an existing product/code base. Using open source license – knowledge of and familiarity with. Creating/Developing/working in an environment with an open source governance policy. Open source projects encompass all topics related to open collaboration research and practice, including open source, open data, open science, open education, wikis, and related social media, Wikipedia, and IT-driven open innovation research.
Types of Contributions
You can submit two types of proposals to the Call for Proposals:
- Open source
- Open culture
Talk Submission Timeframe / Milestones
- Conference Date: July 29-July 30, 2023(AoE)
- Early bird Call For Proposals submissions: begin-March 1, 2023(AoE)
- Early bird Call for Proposals deadline: March 31th, 2023(AoE)
- Early bird call Acceptance Notification:April 30th, 2023(AoE)
Tips for speakers
At COSCUP we share OSS values and promote access to the open source projects/talks/products that champions inclusivity, and displays transparency. All this while creating a variety of voices and ideas, and focused on a meritocracy of collaboration and community.
If you are considering sending a proposal to our Call for Proposals, consider the following:
- Please note that each talk is 30 mins a session, including opening and Q&A
What we expect from you as a speaker
- If after you have confirmed participation, you or the co-authors are no longer able to present, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Please follow our COSCUP Code of Conduct.
- All talks at COSCUP are all under Creative Commons license which grants the public permission to use your creative work under copyright law.
We have hand-picked open source communities to review all proposals.
How to submit your proposal
You need to sign up for a new account on our system. With an activated account, you can fill up the speaker profile and create new proposals through the Proposal System page.
- Proposal Link: https://pretalx.coscup.org/coscup-2023/cfp
Q1: Why Early Bird CFP?
We want to make our conference as inclusive as possible which means in order to serve people who don’t live in Taiwan to have enough time to prepare their travel plans to Taiwan and to encourage more international speakers to come visit us at COSCUP with their physical present.
Q2: Any differences between this CFP then the past one?
We normally have CFP at around end of April, but the "Early Bird CFP" is bring itself earlier then any other community tracks.
Q3: If I am in Taiwan can I still participate?
Q4: Which track will my proposal fall into?
We will arrange your topic according to the proper track!
Q5: What are the differences between community track and mix track?
COSCUP is organized by different open source communities, hence the”Community Track” is organized by other non-COSCUP open source community, and “Mix Track” is organized by COSCUP, and the proposals are evaluated by our committee members.
Q6: How do we get inform on April 30th Early bird Call for Proposals deadline?
You will receive an email notification to know if your proposal has been accepted by COSCUP or not.
Q7: If I miss the early bird CFP deadline, can I still submit my talk later on?
Yes, later on we will have another regular CFP, you can still submit your talks before the deadline.
- Q8: If I didn’t get accepted on Early Bird CFP, can I still submit my proposal later on this year before the regular CFP deadline?
If you didn’t get accepted on Early Bird CFP, we will keep your talks on regular CFP, when we start our regular CFP, you can edit your talks again and submit your talks before our CFP deadline.
COSCUP Early Bird CfP 開始徵稿啦
全球疫情趨緩，各國也逐漸開啟了大門。相信熱愛「開放文化」與「開源技術」的您，不論身處在世界何處，也想一同參加 COSCUP 盛會。為了讓您的稿件在通過後有更加充裕的時間做準備。也為了讓在非台灣地區的您能提早準備來台計畫。為此，我們推出「CfP - Early Bird」方案，適合想做好時間規劃的您。
我們非常期待您能再次回到 COSCUP 和其他社群朋友見面，並在現場分享您寶貴的經驗。
- 大會日期： 2023 年 07 月 29 - 2023 年 07 月 30 日
- Early Bird CfP 開放徵稿：2023 年 03 月 01 日
- Early Bird CfP 投稿截止：2023 年 03 月 31 日
- Early Bird CfP 稿件錄取通知：2023 年 04 月 30 日前通知
- 地址：106 台北市大安區基隆路四段 43 號
- 30 mins(包含開場與 Q&A 時間)
- 需同意錄影預設以 cc 釋出。
- 「尊重與您相同或不相同的其他人」應該是社會的基本協定，無論是否身在 COSCUP 都應該有此意識，本文關注範圍暫且限定在 COSCUP 所有線上線下頻道，並涵括大會期間以及大會相關的會前、會後工作。請全體參與者共同維護此守則。並請詳細參考我們的行為準則
- Q2：和往年 CfP 有何差異？
- 往年的 CfP 活動是與「社群軌」一起進行的綜合徵稿活動（四月底開始）。而此次的「Early Bird CfP 計畫」是早於綜合徵稿活動的計畫。
- 一直以來 COSCUP 都會與其他開放社群進行合作。而「社群軌」就是會交由該社群來決定並安排議程。而「綜合軌」則是由 COSCUP 自行舉辦的自辦軌，將由 COSCUP 議程組所找的審稿委員來協助稿件審核動作。
- Q6：4 月 30 日是否一定會知道審核結果？
- 我們會在 4 月 30 日前用 Email 方式來通知您稿件是否在此階段提前逕行錄取。